3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 31, 2018 12:53 AM by Sharad Adhikari

Using Tableau graphics on webpages

Nazar Kovalyshyn

Hi All. I have the question about using a tableau on my own website dashboard.

What's the way to push data to the server and get results in graphics, charts, etc. view

I can assume that the solution is in showing charts in iframes on the dashboard page. But I can not imagine how it works at all. Are there some api methods for this?
      Can anyone explain me all the cycle? Push data -> processing -> get data -> show charts on webpage?
      Thanks.

• 1. Re: Using Tableau graphics on webpages
          Sharad Adhikari

Hi Nazar,

You would either need Tableau server/online or Tableau public.

For example If you publish your viz to Tableau public, there is a button called share that would give you code that you just need to embed into your website.

Best of luck.

BR

Sharad

• 2. Re: Using Tableau graphics on webpages
            Nazar Kovalyshyn

Thanks for your reply, Sharad!

Few more questions
            1.How I can make real-time update of data for chart?  Maybe I can write API from my side(I mean my website) and take data in this way?
            2. I need a few charts, graphics but for a lot of people that use my site(data will be different for them). How I can handle this issue?

Thanks.

• 3. Re: Using Tableau graphics on webpages
              Sharad Adhikari

Hi Nazar,

Using Tableau for your personal site is not an appropriate option as there shall be licensing issues. If it is for Company site, then

1. You can make real-time update of data for chart by using JavaScript API or just embeding that into a html page that refreshes the page in every X seconds.

2. We can use row level security for that. But Still each user that Access your site should have Access right to Tableau server too.

Please check Tableau public version. It should allow you to update your data once when you have used google docs as data source.

BR

Sharad

1 of 1 people found this helpful