3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 15, 2018 3:16 PM by Ken Flerlage

fix reference line

Mikey Michaels

Hi All,

I hope this message finds you well.

quick question - I tried to create a simple reference line on my dual-axis, stacked bar chart. the problem is the totals on the left graph sit on top of the stacked bar graph (good), but the totals on the right graph are at the bottom (bad).

Any ideas on how to fix?

Cheers, Mikey

• 1. Re: fix reference line
          Ken Flerlage

You've created the reference line on just the first of your axes, so it's positioning those relatively small numbers in their proper position on the first axis. However, if you add a reference line on the second axis as well, that will not work because then it'll show the same numbers twice. So you're in a bit of a bind. In my opinion, there is really no reason for you to use a dual axis chart here as you are showing completely different measures with completely independent axes. So, I'd suggest that you split these out into two separate worksheets, one for Fairway $ and one for No of Customers.

Then put them on a dashboard and use a text box for your title.

See attached workbook.

• 2. Re: fix reference line
            Ken Flerlage

Hi, just following up to see if we have adequately addressed your question. If so, could you please mark one of the responses as the correct answer? If not, please let us know how else we can help. Thanks!

• 3. Re: fix reference line
              Ken Flerlage

Following up on this one. Let us know how we can help further.