1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 5, 2018 12:21 PM by patrick.byrne.0

Action Filters Issue After Refresh Schedule Triggered

Renee Chan

I have a workbook with two dashboards and I have added an Action Filter between the two dashboards.  When I click on a value from Dashboard1, it will filter data for that value in Dashboard2.  This works on my Tableau desktop 10.5 when I have the data source in both live and extract connection.

When I publish the dashboards to Tableau Server as live connection, the action filter still works when I navigate through the dashboards online for that workbook.

When I publish the dashboards to Tableau Server as extract connection with a refresh schedule time setup, the filtering still works when I navigate through the dashboards.  However, when I select the Refresh Schedule of that workbook, and select RUN NOW, I received an email that Extract Refresh Failed.  The error message says: Connectionless Failure.

When I asked my Tableau Admin what the error was, I got some details.  For example:

1. java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to load Workbook Holdings Report

Warnings occurred while loading the workbook "Holdings Report".: Errors for 'Activity':

Field '[sqlproxy.03npl190hwd1nq1ez1k86196uy7v].[Action (Instrument Description)]' which is included for filtering does not exist.

: The worksheet "Activity" contains errors. The following will be removed:

•  There is no field named 'Action (Instrument Description)'.

However I do have a field name called Instrument Description which is what I used for the Action filtering.  Can someone explain what the problem is?

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Action Filters Issue After Refresh Schedule Triggered
          patrick.byrne.0

Hello Renee,

I did some research on the error that was being received and did not find a precise known cause of the error being returned. There are a couple troubleshooting steps that I would like to have you attempt.

+ What happens if the field that is listed in the error message is removed from the view?

+ Does removing the filter action from the view allow for the data source to refresh as expected?

+ Does the error occur with any other extract refreshes?

Cheers,

Byrne, Patrick