Process of ETL using SQL and Tableau. Below are some of my thoughts and questions regarding the implementation.
below are my questions:
1) In practical scenario, how do companies perform ETL? (do they create stored procedure or trigger and create a new table ? what is the process)
2) After table creation in SQL, Do we frequently create tables(Say monthly) in SQL and apply union in tableau ( how to automate this?)
2) Using tableau - Incremental database + Refresh scheduling ( does the practical scenario requires changing database frequently? Is there a way this can be automated?)
I think this is a great discussion point to understand and deep dive into data analytics.
Below are my opinions based on my experience:
1. Mostly an ETL tool is used(eg. informatica)
2. No, we don't create monthly table, instead will have date column in the table to identify months/years.
3. didn't understood this.