3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 16, 2018 3:59 AM by Jim Dehner

min and max CountD(field)'s date

Angela.Koh

Hi All!

This one is a little tricky for me. I am unable to get the min/max [countDChats]'s date.

So in this above instance, the highest count is 81, on 03 Aug 2018...

And if i select it on 05 Aug, it should show me that the highest count was 2 days ago... (i think i can get this one)

Hope someone can shed some help for this! Thank you...

Zhouyi Zhang

• 1. Re: min and max CountD(field)'s date
          Jim Dehner

Good morning - see the attached

I will take you through the MAX side you can recreate to min side (good practice for you)

YOu will need to determine the max counts as

the date is

the date diff is (note this will produce + and - numbers you can use a conditional statement to determine weather the "Ago" should be replaced with "Hence"

and the tooltip becomes

Jim

If this posts assists in resolving the question, please mark it helpful or as the 'correct answer' if it resolves the question. This will help other users find the same answer/resolution.  Thank you.

• 2. Re: min and max CountD(field)'s date
            Angela.Koh

omg this is super... Thank you so much for your help!

1 qns tho, i noticed that the creationdate is fixed... how do i amend it so that it is based on my filter?

• 3. Re: min and max CountD(field)'s date
              Jim Dehner

you would include the dimension in the formula before the colon (:)

like           {[fixed],[channel],[direction] :......

what tableau will do is create permutations of all the combinations of the dimensions that precede the colon and aggregate them by what follows the colon - but be aware the LOD's are NOT aggregated in themselves and will need to be aggregated as you use them in any other calculation or bring them to the viz - you may need to decide the appropriate aggregation (e.g. sum(), MIn(), max() etc)

Jim