2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 20, 2018 9:03 AM by Christian Shrauder

tdvt-1.4.4 -  tabquerycli.exe crashes  (v2018.2)

Christian Shrauder

Hello,

I'm trying to run the tdvt against our database which uses the postgres connector.  When I run the tabquerycli.exe crashes with: ?valueClassAttr@RedShiftConstants@@3PEB_WEB could not be located in the dynamic link library. c:\program files\Tableau\Tableau 2018.2\bin\tabqueryclihelper.dll

I've validated the connections have been renamed to 'leaf'.  My ini file is below.  We don't support spaces in file names so I've customized:

[Datasource]

Name = yellowbrick

LogicalQueryFormat = yellowbrick_pg

[LogicalConfig]

Name = yellowbrick_pg

tablename = $dsName

fieldnameUnderscoreNotSpace = True

[StandardTests]

[LODTests]

[UnionTest]

• 1. Re: tdvt-1.4.4 -  tabquerycli.exe crashes  (v2018.2)
          L R

Usually this means that the tabquerycli.exe and the helper dll do not exactly match the build of Tableau Desktop that you have installed. In the future we'll have a better release mechanism but for now you'll need to reinstall the matching version of desktop.

• 2. Re: tdvt-1.4.4 -  tabquerycli.exe crashes  (v2018.2)
            Christian Shrauder

Thanks, I've moved back to 2018.1 and the matching tdvt package. I still get tab querycli.exe crashes when I run this version.   With this version, displaying the list_logical_configs throws an error.

This should run without error before any data source specific changes are made correct?

C:\Users\tableau\Desktop>pip install tdvt-1.4.3.zip

Processing c:\users\tableau\desktop\tdvt-1.4.3.zip

Installing collected packages: tdvt

Running setup.py install for tdvt ... done

Successfully installed tdvt-1.4.3

C:\Users\tableau\Desktop>py -3 -m tdvt.tdvt --list_logical_configs

Available logical query configurations:

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "C:\Users\tableau\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python37\lib\runpy.py", l

ine 193, in _run_module_as_main

"__main__", mod_spec)

File "C:\Users\tableau\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python37\lib\runpy.py", l

ine 85, in _run_code

exec(code, run_globals)

File "C:\Users\tableau\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python37\lib\site-package

s\tdvt\tdvt.py", line 581, in <module>

main()

s\tdvt\tdvt.py", line 570, in main

print_logical_configurations(ds_registry, args.list_logical_configs)

s\tdvt\tdvt.py", line 208, in print_logical_configurations

for config in list_configs(ds_registry):

s\tdvt\config_gen\gentests.py", line 175, in list_configs

configs += get_config_text(cfgs, ds)

s\tdvt\config_gen\gentests.py", line 159, in get_config_text

cfg = process_text(config_name, sample_text, cfgs[config_name], fields)

s\tdvt\config_gen\gentests.py", line 148, in process_text

new_line = get_modified_line(line, attributes, fields)

TypeError: get_modified_line() missing 1 required positional argument: 'field_na

me_map'