1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 31, 2018 2:25 PM by Patrick A Van Der Hyde

Calculate daily D1 retention rate

Nolan Esser

Hello everyone and thanks for reading this,

As the title suggest, I have some struggle calculating the daily D1 retention rate of my datas.

The result I would like to achieve would looks like this:

The first day is 0% because you don't have any datas the first day. The second day you start having second day datas to compare it to the first day datas and so on to

This percentage represents the people that connect and that came back the day after.

I use event_timestamp for the dates, user_id to identify people. I created FTL to return the date of first connection. There are a lot of other datas that can be used if you understand them, I am really sad I did not succeed by myself but I have not a lot of experience on Tableau.

Regards,

Nolan

• 1. Re: Calculate daily D1 retention rate
          Patrick A Van Der Hyde

Hello Nolan,

Is it possible to share the packaged workbook (.twbx) file that you were working with showing the work done to this point?  Also, please let us know the version of Tableau that you are working with.  Someone may assist but in the process of doing so, they may upgrade your workbook to a version which you will not be able to open without updating yourself.

Here is a great reference page made by the members of our community regarding Workbooks.  Packaged workbooks: when, why, how

Thank you

Patrick