Can you post the sample data or .TWBX file to check further?
Thanks for your reply!
Just realized that the issue is because my computer is offline, due to security of the company.
I went to the tableau folder for maps in my computer, and realized there is only India, China and USA map that can be used when offline.
Do you know where can I get the offline map for Singapore?
If the new map image is not stored on your machine, you won’t be able to load the map until you reconnect to the online map that comes with Tableau.
You can try below options also:
- Option 2 – Use a map as a background imageLocate the desired map online and save it as an image file, or copy a map from another location. Set this map image as a static background image in Tableau Desktop. For more information, see Use Background Images in Your Views.Note: Zooming in and out will not work with background images.
- Option 3 – Use a local GeoServerFor more information, see Use Web Map Service (WMS) Servers.
For option 2, the problem I have is that I am unable to find a Singapore map that I can save as image file.
Do you know where to get the Singapore map?
I mapped a handful of Singapore postal codes and did not have any issues.
See attached workbook.
A couple of possibilities:
1) Have you set the background map to "None"?
2) Have you set "Washout" to 100% in the map layers?
3) Have you turned off all the map layers?
If none of the above, can you share a sample workbook so we can dig into it?
Singapore.twbx 97.7 KB
Strike that. I just saw your note that you are offline. That will do it.
Until you get internet access, you can try the following URL location for additional .shp files to bring in, if that helps? https://data.gov.sg/search?res_format=SHP This site is specifically for Singapore and open GIS data sets which Tableau should recognize as spatial data.
Thanks for your reply.
I tried downloading one of the maps found in the link.
I could open the spatial (SHP) file.
But when I double clicked on 'Geometry', it is still the same result.
Dots appear, but not the background map of Singapore.
How can I get the country background map?
Are you able to share your workbook with the latest spatial file you used so that we can look at it? Thx, Don