3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 11, 2018 6:24 PM by Ritesh Bisht

Coexisting Select and Hover Filter Actions

Fabrizio Bianchi

I want to overlap a Hover action filter to a Select action filter in such a way that the selection is not resetted when moving the mouse away from the graph.

Referring to the workbook (v. 2018.2.0), I added a hover filter action to the map on top of the select that was already there.

You can notice that when selecting some points on the map and then hovering over and away, the details view goes back to showing not only the selected few, but all of them.

How can I avoid this behavior?

• 1. Re: Coexisting Select and Hover Filter Actions
          Ritesh Bisht

Hi Fabriino,

For example if you have selected York District Hospital and even after moving away you would like to see-----------------

Screen Shot 2018-08-11 at 9.53.56 PM.png

------------>like below

Screen Shot 2018-08-11 at 9.58.48 PM.png

Just edit your action and select 'Leave the filter' , you are getting this since you have selected 'Show all values' after clearing the selection

Screen Shot 2018-08-11 at 9.54.22 PM.png

Thanks,

Ritesh

Please mark the answer as CORRECT and HELPFUL if it really helped you so that it can help others as well

• 2. Re: Coexisting Select and Hover Filter Actions
            Fabrizio Bianchi

This is not what I meant.

My case is the selection of more than one hospital, let's say York and Harrogate.

With the filters as I set them, if I hover over one of the 2, I see the details of only that one, but when I move away I see ALL hospitals in the details.

With your solution,  if I hover over one of the 2, I see the details of only that one, but when I move away I keep seeing only that one in the details as the hover filter becomes permanent.

My goal instead is to have only the one I hover over in the details and then, when I move the cursor away, I want it to go back to apply only the Select filter.

• 3. Re: Coexisting Select and Hover Filter Actions
              Ritesh Bisht

Hi Fabrizio,

The problem is that all the action Filters have the same order of operation.

So, hover = select and whatever you do just before moving away from the filter will be reflected.

If I click on hospitals like James and move away it helps you because it is situated at the border and you are not touching any

other hospitals while moving away.

Hence the logic is whatever filter you do at the last will be reflected.

The only workaround I see here is to Keep Only (In case you want to analyse for the selected hospital for sometime & then revert back )

Screen Shot 2018-08-12 at 6.51.35 AM.png

revert back....

Screen Shot 2018-08-12 at 6.52.42 AM.png

Thanks,

Ritesh