2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 13, 2018 5:47 AM by Rick Maly

Point of No Return Prediction

Rick Maly

So I might be over thinking what I am trying to do, but essentially I am trying to get a number that has to be completed in order to hit a percentage.

Currently there is 42 out of 52 that have made the metric which is 80.8%.  The goal is 85%.

What I am trying to do is figure out how to make a dynamic chart in the sense of as items are completed, it will show how many more have to be completed at 100% in order to make the 85% goal.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

• 1. Re: Point of No Return Prediction
          Jeevan Krishna

Hi Rick,

If I understand clearly, you just need to calculate the no.of Recons yet to make up for 85% of the metric.

If that is so,

CEILING([YTD Total Recons] * 0.85 - [YTD Within 30])

This gives you the minimum no.of Recons necessary to reach your goal %.

This could also be completely wrong if my understanding was different from your question.

Hope this helps.

• 2. Re: Point of No Return Prediction
            Rick Maly

I am getting an error with this calculation.

Not sure why as I only have one data source and the fields are calculated totals.

But to clarify more, the above chart shows 80.8%.

In order to hit 85%, the totals would have to be 57 recons within 30 out of 67 total.  These numbers would make it 85.1%.  That is saying that if 15 recons were completed at 100% for the rest of the year, the 85% would be made.  If one doesn't make the 100% metric, than the number increases.

I guess my thinking is along the lines of ( [YTD Within 30] + 1  /  [YTD Total Recons] + 1 )    where the +1 would continue until the division equaled 85%