1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 10, 2018 1:45 AM by Krishna Duraisamy

Select multiple fields to pivot the excel cross tab

Krishna Duraisamy

Hello all,

As I am new to Tableau prep and also couldn't find the answer after searching in the forum, I am writing this.

I am trying to pivot a excel cross tab which has holiday info about the resources from 01.01.2018 - 31.12.2018. Below shows a sample of how the data looks like:

lfd. NrResource01. Jan02. Jan03. Jan04. Jan05. Jan06. Jan07. Jan08. Jan09. Jan10. Jan11. Jan12. Jan13. Jan14. Jan15. Jan16. Jan17. Jan18. Jan
      1AX
      2BX
      3CXUUUU

I want to pivot this table so that I can join this on  resource to another table where I have planned project for the resources.

I know, I can multiselect all the fields by clicking ctrl+shift+rightarrow in tableau desktop and pivot it and join it with the other table.

Since,I have data cleaning to do, I would like to know how can I multi select all the dates fields to pivot in Tableau Prep. Because in Prep, for pivoting, I could only do ctrl+mouse click to select one field, but doing this for  365 days?? There should be easier way that I would like to know.

If anyone could help me with this, would be great !!

Thanks,

Krishna