1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 9, 2018 6:39 AM by Jim Dehner

How to connect parameters

Justine Cloetens

Hello,

I have 3 different parameters (Client, Period and product), this works fine but I do not have all the same clients for the different periods.

Is there a way to only VIEW the clients available for the respective period?  Perhaps a default option?

For example:

- if I select '2018', after in the clients parameter I should be able to only select clients X,Y or Z  (and not have the option to select A,B or C since I have no data on them and I can avoid an empty screen)

- if I select'2017' in the clients parameter I can only select clients A,B,C and so on.

Thank you.

Justine

• 1. Re: How to connect parameters
          Jim Dehner

Good morning Justine

Parameters aren't going to work that way - the are independent from one another - the parameter values are not affected by other parameters

and remember that the Parameter don't do anything in themselves - they need to be backed up by a filter or used in a calculation to affect the analysis - you could use "Relevant Values" in the filters that back up the parameters and get a list of available values for the filter - but then you would be "de-selecting" what is shown in the viz 

Dynamic parameters has been a frequently requested idea for development

sorry

Jim

If this posts assists in resolving the question, please mark it helpful or as the 'correct answer' if it resolves the question. This will help other users find the same answer/resolution.  Thank you.