1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 27, 2018 3:47 PM by Patrick A Van Der Hyde

LOD Calculations

Deepika Siriah

Hi,

I am working on this headcount analysis. I have calculated fields based on my data for the same as below:

Headcount - IF [Status]= "A" OR [Status]= "L" THEN [Ee #] END

Terms -

INT(IF { FIXED [Ee #], DATEPART('quarter', [Quarter End]), [Event Date] : MAX([Event Date])} = [Event Date] THEN

IF [Event Type] = "Termination" THEN [Ee #] END END)

However, but I am unable to write the LOD calculation formula for hires. My attempt for the same was:

Hire -

INT(IF { FIXED [Ee #], DATEPART('quarter', [Quarter End]), [Event Date] : MAX(DATETRUNC('quarter',[Event Date]))} = [Event Date] THEN

IF [Event Type] = "Hire" THEN [Ee #] END END)

However, the numbers for hires per quarter is incorrect. My event type = "hire" contains existing employees, new hires as well as hire date of termed employees. So, I am finding it difficult to write a formula which would just give me hires for the current quarter from the event type = "hire".

Attaching my workbook for the same. Help appreciated! Thanks!

• 1. Re: LOD Calculations
          Patrick A Van Der Hyde

Hello Deepika,

I have looked at the data but I am not understanding the logic of the data to determine if a "Hire" in Event Type should be counted for a unique EE # or not. 

Also, please move EE # to the Dimensions since this is a Dimension value and not a measure, it will be easier to work with as it is dragged to the views. 

Patrick