1 of 1 people found this helpful
Thanks for the questions - I'm glad you're using Bridge, and these are good questions.
FYI: While Bridge does have a command line interface, it's not a supported part of the product. Command line scenarios are best served by using some of our tools like the Tableau Command Line Extract utility, but I'd love to understand more what you're trying to achieve before recommending that as the best option.
Regarding your questions:
1) How do you turn off sending error reports? While Bridge
You can do this in 2 ways:
- Disable the feature in the Online Web UI
- Unsubscribe from the email (via the email itself)
2) Once the Bridge is running as a service, how do you then interact with it?
Via the Bridge Client UI. The Bridge client UI will continue to run in Service mode.
3) Is there any easy way of adding the data source extract connection password when a new Bridge is created?
Extract passwords can be added through the UI.
4) Are the login credentials remembered if the host was to restart?
Let me know if you have more questions,
Product Manager for Tableau Bridge
Thanks for the reply.
We are wanting to use a Bridge CLI to enable automation and self healing aspects. We have a Bridge running on an cloud instance and require the ability for the box, if it was to fail, to rebuild and set up again without manual intervention. It seems like the CLI Bridge would be the best option for this as I believe the normal UI Bridge doesn't have any command options (This would be really great if it did).
So re: questions 2 + 3, what are the answers if we aren't using the UI version?