7 Replies Latest reply on Aug 2, 2018 3:58 PM by Pearl.pat.0

How to remove duplicate axis

Pearl.pat.0

Hi,

I am seeing duplicate labels coming on x-axis as highlighted below..please guide me how to remove the duplicate labels.

• 1. Re: How to remove duplicate axis
          Joe Oppelt

Whatever you have scratched out on the COLUMNS shelf in your screenshot has multiple values.  You are getting a separate set of year/month ticks for each of those values.

Do you want to see the data separated by that scratched-out dimension?  If so, that's how it's going to look.  If not, then just take that dimension off the COLUMNS shelf.

• 2. Re: How to remove duplicate axis
            Pearl.pat.0

My requirement is something like that only. I have 2 years of data and i want to show 2017 data in avg line. If i keep only year/month and remove duplicate on than my avg line value gets change. And i dont want that i want my avg line should stay same when i am looking for 2016 data.

• 3. Re: How to remove duplicate axis
              Joe Oppelt

You can have all dates in the sheet's table, but use a table calc to filter what gets displayed.

Unlike a quick calc, which deletes rows from the table (and therefore messes up your average calc, for example), a table calc filter leaves the whole table intact, but only limits what part of the table gets displayed in the viz.

LOOKUP( ATTR([Year field]) ,0 )

Using the table calc function LOOKUP like my example will let you drag that calc onto FILTERS and display filter, and you will have all the possible [Year field] values in the filter.  Whatever you select in that filter will get displayed on the sheet, but the whole table underlying the sheet is all still there.

• 4. Re: How to remove duplicate axis
                Pearl.pat.0

Thanks Joe.

So my another problem is i am using average line in graph. but the thing is when i select 2016 and 2017 that avg line should only show 2017 avg it should not show 2016 avg. Is it possible ?

• 5. Re: How to remove duplicate axis
                  Pearl.pat.0

It worked but by doing that my values are getting double. Looks like it is adding up values.

• 6. Re: How to remove duplicate axis
                    Joe Oppelt

At this point I'd have to have an actual workbook to play with.  Can you upload something?

• 7. Re: How to remove duplicate axis
                      Pearl.pat.0

I will see if i can share workbook. with you.

Also another question is I want to force blank space to show 0 in my report. I tried so many calculations but nothing worked. I tried Zn, Ifnull,Isnull.

I am using calculation something like

IF  COUNTD({ FIXED [xyz],[Complaint ],[Product],

DATETRUNC('month',[Year-Month ]):([Product diff])})>=0.01 AND

COUNTD ({fixed [xyz],[Complaint],[Product],

DATETRUNC('month', [Year-Month ]):(product diff])})<= 127

THEN

WINDOW_COUNT(SUM({ FIXED [xyz],[Complaint ],[Product ],

DATETRUNC('month', [Year-Month]):

COUNTD([Complaint])}))

END