3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 1, 2018 7:00 PM by Kary K

Display % in Tooltip

Kary K

Hello Experts,

Attached is the .twbx file. Please let me know if there is a solution for the following.

I have the columns month, A, B and C and their respective percentages A%, B% and C%.

I want to show Month name, A Value and A% in the hover for  the line representing 'A'

I want to show Month name,  B value and B% in the hover for  the line representing 'B'

Is this possible with the data structure I have in the attached  .twbx file?

Below is the screenshot of what I need in the hover

Thanks,

Kary.

P.S. I'm using 10.3.2 version of Tableau. Cannot use any higher version right  now in my org)

• 1. Re: Display % in Tooltip
          Wesley Magee

Kary,

I don't believe you'll be able to do that with the current data structure. If you were to pivot the data so there was a column for Letter and another for amount, then it would be easy. It would also be possible if you only had two items to compare as you could do a dual axis (a dual axis would allow you to customize the tooltip for each metric). With this many members it requires you to use Measure Names and Measure Values, which doesn't allow for custom tooltips on each line, and would only be possible with a dimension (A, B, C) to direct it.

-Wesley

If this post assists in resolving the question, please mark it helpful or as the 'correct answer' if it resolves the question. This will help other users find the same answer/resolution.  Thank you.

• 2. Re: Display % in Tooltip
            Deepak Rai

It Will work , With Your Same Data structure, but with Pivot and an LOD

Thanks

Deepak

If it Helps, Pl Mark it Helpful and CORRECT to Close Thread

• 3. Re: Display % in Tooltip
              Kary K

Thank you Deepak!