7 Replies Latest reply on Aug 2, 2018 8:39 PM by tian.yang.4

calculation help

jon rios

here is a screen shot. i i want to isolate the highlighted number, i assumed this formula would do it but it doesnt, what am i doing wrong?

• 1. Re: calculation help
          Ken Flerlage

Any chance you can share some sample data or a packaged workbook? It's difficult to diagnose this problem without them, unfortunately.

• 2. Re: calculation help
            meenu choudhary

Hi Jon,

I have tried above scenario on superstore data and it is giving me correct result.

if ([Category])="Furniture" and ([Sub-Category])="Tables"

THEN "FALSE" else "TRUE"

end

• 3. Re: calculation help
              tian.yang.4

Hi Jon

you can try this way, i use sample-superstore

Picture.png

• 4. Re: calculation help
                jon rios

thanks, I should of been more specific, by isolate, i mean, be able to bring 1 calculation to the shelf as a measure and it shows this particular value. So i assume it has to be a {FIXED} expression, but i have tried every combination and cant get this .1410, if I use this expr.  i get Null

{FIXED [Period Date], [Month Qtr], [Benchmark + Portfolio (RS)], [SegmentLabel1], [SegmentLabel2]:

sum (if [SegmentLabel1]= "Now 2 CPD" and [SegmentLabel2] = "Were 1 CPD" THEN [DeltaMetrics]

END ) }

i assumed if i replace this Measure (in this screenshot), with my calculation, i would be the .1410 and nothing else, BUT everything goes blank (NULL)

i tried this adding more filtering conditions, but my quarter date part is incorrect...

{FIXED [Period Date], [Month Qtr], [Benchmark + Portfolio (RS)], [SegmentLabel1], [SegmentLabel2]:

sum (if [SegmentLabel1]= "Now 2 CPD" and [SegmentLabel2] = "Were 1 CPD"

and DATEPART('year',[Period Date])= 2017 and DATEPART('quarter', [Period Date]) = Q3

and [Month Qtr]= "Q" THEN [DeltaMetrics]

END) }

• 5. Re: calculation help
                  Zhouyi Zhang

Hi, Jon

It is not easy to give a straight forward advice without seeing a sample workbook.

But please try below

Hope this helps, otherwise, please prepared a sample workbook, it doesn't have to be your real data, just some make up.

ZZ

• 6. Re: calculation help
                    tian.yang.4

hi Jon,

I use your formula and it works.

I think the problem is  you cannot fix the column which is a measure--[Benchmark+Portfolio (RS)]

{fixed+dimension:sum(measure)}  the dimension determines at what level measure should be aggregated.

if you problem is still there maybe you can send me the workbook.

YT

• 7. Re: calculation help
                      tian.yang.4

hi Jon

i misread the Benchmark as a measure >_<

i build a similar vision and it works

The little different here is the Date , maybe you can first delete it and see whether it works and then put it back.

Datepart or Datetrunc it has sequence

i hope this time your problem can solve.

YT