1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 27, 2018 3:06 AM by Alexandra Usacheva

Tabjolt custom plan error: Failed to set up load test session

Alexandra Usacheva

Hi everyone,

I am having an issue with Tabjolt running a custom plan.

In Jmeter, I have opened the default 'InteractVizLoadTest', made no changes at all and saved it as custom plan with a new name (For testing. So I am sure that the errors come from Jmeter installation, not from the poor configuration of the custom plan).

Then I launched the default IteractVizLoadTest and all was perfect. No errors, all is good. Later, I launched the custom (logically equal) plan. It has started all necessary processes, and I got to the line:

Created the tree successfully using C:\Tabjolt\testplans\InteractVizLoadTest-Jmeter-1.jmx

Starting the test @ Thu Jul 26 19:54:45 NOVT 2018 (1532613285282)

But after that, there is an error:

FATAL [2018-07-26 19:54:45,944][setUp Thread Group 1-1] (LoadSessionSetup.java:78)   - Failed to set up load test session. Stopping the test run.

java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.tableausoftware.test.server.perfTestSuite.LoadSessionSetup.runTest(LoadSessionSetup.java:52)

at org.apache.jmeter.protocol.java.sampler.JavaSampler.sample(JavaSampler.java:191)

at org.apache.jmeter.threads.JMeterThread.process_sampler(JMeterThread.java:429)

at org.apache.jmeter.threads.JMeterThread.run(JMeterThread.java:257)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

What can be wrong?

And also FYI:

1. I copied the files from tabjolt directory to the apache jmeter directory, so it has all the .jar files. (Maybe I've missed some?)

2. I also had a look on a known bug found in Tabjolt documentation (the one where you shoud copy some text rows from the default plan to the custom one) - but the comparison of these two text files didn't gave me any differences, except for some new arguments in the custom one and some Prop names. Guess they are not the reason if the issue.

3. In Jmeter, when opening a custom plan, I can see the proper classname: com.tableausoftware.test.server.perfTestSuite.InteractVizTest.

4. I launch Jmeter with a custom .bat file, where I define the proxy parameters for the connection. Could this be a reason?

All thoughts on this are welcome!

Thank you.

Aleksandra