2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 26, 2018 12:12 AM by Donna Coles

Hide last data point

Merritt Miller

Hello,

I was wondering how to use the LAST function to hide the last data point on a line graph? I am pulling data over time and the last month only includes half of july so the graph appears as if the line has just fallen off when really it is just the consequence of only having data for half of the month.

Thanks,

Merritt

• 1. Re: Hide last data point
          Jim Dehner

Merritt you are asking 2 different questions

the Last() function numbers the table from the bottom up (or from the right if used across the table)

the second issue is a function of the data - if there is no data for the rest of the year what was you expectation - what did you want to see?

Jim

If this posts assists in resolving the question, please mark it helpful or as the 'correct answer' if it resolves the question. This will help other users find the same answer/resolution.  Thank you.

• 2. Re: Hide last data point
            Donna Coles

Hi Merritt

I approach this issue by creating a calculated field along the lines of

[Date] < DATETRUNC('month', TODAY())

So if Today is 26th July 2018, this calc will return TRUE if the date field you're working with is before 1st July 2018.  Then add this to your filter shelf, setting option to true.

Donna