Can you share the workbook? Have you checked to be sure that the City names are all different? Having duplicate values can cause this issue.
Your workbook isn't available for download from public so I couldn't look in detail.
My guess is that you are using an old version of Tableau (10.3 or older) or perhaps have old custom geocoding installed. Once you upload to Tableau Public you get current geocoding data. And some of your place names (Detroit, Miami, Orlando, Sacramento, San Antonio, San Jose) are now ambiguous.
The best fix to have a state field in your data and set that in the Edit Locations dialog.
If you don't have a state field, then you can create one (using a group, for instance).
1 of 1 people found this helpful
You were using Tableau 10.3. Time to upgrade!
You already have a state field, so I added that to detail. Then I cleaned up the city names a bit more. I made the Null state match "District of Columbia". And I set Springfield, Columbus, and Kansas City to just match their names so Tableau would use the locations in the geocoding database.
Thank you Dan! When I republished to Tableau Public, everything appeared. I have been wanting to upgrade but keep getting firewalls at work, so have been sticking with 10.3! Great to get some useful tips on how to make it work with the current version.