2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 22, 2018 9:06 PM by Dibyajoti Sarma

Creating Vizs

Dibyajoti Sarma

Hi,

I am new to Tableau having around 4 months of experience. I have some data from siteminder. I need to create some viz with the help of that data.

One Viz that i want to create is : User login Trend. In this Viz, i want to select a user and it should display the login trends of that user. Also i want to add trend lines to the report displaying 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM as office hours and beyond that as outside office hours.

So this means, when i select a user to see his login trend, it should show his login trend as when did he logged in. So that i am able to check whether if the user logged in during office hours or outside office hours.

Also with the help of this data, is it possible to create sunburst reports or any other different types of reports.

I have created basic bar graphs and donuts with the help of this data, hence attaching the my workbook. Now i need your help in creating more advanced reports.

On opening the workbook, you will be prompted to enter a pwd(smpsuser1).

Thanks a lot in advance.

• 1. Re: Creating Vizs
          suman kumar

I'm getting error while opening your file.

"

An error occurred while communicating with Oracle.

The connection to the data source might have been lost.

Oracle database error 12170: ORA-12170: TNS:Connect timeout occurred

Unable to connect to the server "159.1.1.20". Check that the server is running and that you have access privileges to the requested database.

"

Please take extract and save it in twbx format then attach here.

Thanks

suman

• 2. Re: Creating Vizs
            Dibyajoti Sarma

Hi,

I tried to atatch the extract, but its too large to attach. One other thing that you can do is:

Go to the location: C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc and open hosts file and add the following:

159.1.1.20      devcmdb1       devcmdb1.dev.wiprocloudminder.com

After adding this try opening the workbook again. You just need to have oracle drivers installed which Tableau lets you install. Once its done you can open the workbook with the pwd: smpsuser1.

Refer to the attached screenshot for the connection.

Regards,

Dibyajoti