you need to use the url after publishing it to server and append the end of the URL with .csv or .pdf based on your requirement
Step 1: Download a excel png image from Web
Step 2: Add that image tableau dashboard using Image Container
Step 3: Publish your workbook and dont hide the sheets
Step 4: Open sheet which you want to export and Copy the URL and paste it in notepad and remove the url string after "?" and end replace with .csv
Step 5 =: Open tableau desktop click on the excel image and set URL paste the URL which is edited from notepad
whenever user clicks on excel a csv will be downloaded
Thank you sankar
Thank you !
One more clarity can we pull the selected data which is been filtered out in the dashboard.
Ex: I have filtered some values in dashboard only those values need to reflected in the excel sheet which am downloading.
Do we have option to perform this action.
then you need go with other approach
1) Download the excel image from Web
2) Save the file in older C:\Documents\My Tableau Repository\Shapes\[Create a folder]\paste the file here
3) Create a new worksheet , change the marks section to shape
4) click on shapes --> Add Shapes --> Reload the shapes --> you can see the folder which you created --> you can select the image what you downloaded
5) apply the filter to worksheets which developed with the Icon whatever you are applying to all sheets
6) publish to the server and get the url of the worksheet
7) provide the url in Action https://<server name>/views/report name/workbook.csv?Field1=<Field1>&Field=<Field2>
Note: Field 1 , field 2 are the filters which you are passing to that sheet
8) whenever you click on excel automatically selected filters will get applied along with url so you will get filtered data
I don't have server to provide screenshots it will help you
while executing the above steps .By creating the excel sheet , adding all filters in that sheet, placing that excel sheet in the dashboard, adding url action in the dashboard its not allowing me to download the file. At sometimes its downloading full file.
While by placing the excel as image and adding url same its downloading full file.
I got a similar message for both ways saying missing some fileds while adding URL which got from server for that downloadable sheet.
Please help me out on this...