1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 6, 2018 7:22 AM by Wesley Magee

Nonprofit Pro Bono Project Questions

Lisa Bellefond

I called a Tableau rep who recommended contacting your user group. We are a nonprofit environmental group focused on public lands and are seeking guidance from the Seattle user group about Tableau Foundation Service Corps and whether you can guide us to securing  pro bono help. We have a data viz & storytelling project using data gathered from all 50 states that needs to debut in mid-October at a national conference. 

We have not gotten responses back from the requests submitted to Tableau's Service Corps in June and July. Do you recommend that we send out multiple requests within Service Corps for the same project in order to secure help? 

Would this user group ever consider an event with a pro bono project exercise? We are based in Ballard and are pleased to host or support a meeting or can attend one of your Seattle events.

Alternatively, can the Seattle user group offer recommendations for professionals or consultants that do pro bono work? 

I can share more info about our organization and project.

Thanks for any guidance you can offer.

• 1. Re: Nonprofit Pro Bono Project Questions
          Wesley Magee

Lisa,

Thanks for posting and I'm sorry to hear you've had such a difficult time finding assistance. I can't speak for the user group (although I am a member), but I can tell you that I'm a part of Service Corps in Seattle and would be happy to help out on your Tableau project. I think the best approach would be to reach out to me (Wesley Magee) via the Service Corps site and we can arrange a time for introductions and talk about needs/timeline/resources.

I work for a local consulting company (Plaster Group) as a Tableau consultant, so my 9 to 5 is generally taken, but hopefully we can find a time that works for both of us.

Best regards,

-Wesley