3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 6, 2018 2:06 PM by patrick.byrne.0

Extract API TableauException "Hyper Server did not call back on the callback port"

Paul Nicolson

Hi,

I'm writing Scala on Spark to run on AWS EMR, pulling data from S3 parquet and writing to a .hyper file. A unit test has created a .hyper extract successfully on Windows.

After trying the latest extract API for linux (10.5.3) I needed to use version 2018-1-1 (or 10.5.1) to get round the error from Extract saying that the filename must be a .hyper extension. That error does not appear with these versions, but I now have an exception when calling the Extract constructor as below: -

18/07/17 16:02:04 ERROR ApplicationMaster: User class threw exception: com.tableausoftware.TableauException: Hyper Server did not call back on the callback port: process = 8577

com.tableausoftware.TableauException: Hyper Server did not call back on the callback port: process = 8577

at com.tableausoftware.hyperextract.Extract.<init>(Unknown Source)

I have followed all the instructions to install and configure on linux. I have PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH pointing to all the libraries/jars and all files have read/execute permission for everyone.

The code to use the Extract API is simple enough: -

ExtractAPI.initialize()

val extract = new Extract("myfile.hyper")

I've added code to catch the exception on the constructor call to dump out the DataExtract.log file, but no log files are being created in my specified TAB_SDK_LOGDIR path.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

Paul