3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 17, 2018 3:43 AM by Naveen B

Display percentage bands

RangaWal

I have a number of records with "Total number of Actions" and "Actions Overdue" measures.  I've created a calculated measure to show the percentage of overdue actions.

I wish to display the count of records grouped by the percentage of overdue actions.  For example, I want to show in a column chart the number of projects with less than %10 overdue, between 10-20% overdue, etc, etc.  I created a calculated field using an "if then elseif" statement to identify the percentage for each record, but it's created as a measure and not a dimension.

Anyone able to explain how I can do this?  Unfortunately I can't post an example.

• 1. Re: Display percentage bands
          Naveen B

Hi Rangawal,

If [Actions Overdue] <= 0.1

then

"0-10%"

elseif [Actions Overdue] >0.1 and [Actions Overdue]<=0.2

then

"11-20%"

end

like the above you can divide the bracket or

what you can do click on the measure , create a bin and make the size  of the bin as "0.1" so that it will help to give the grouping.

If it helps kindly mark this answer as  complete or helpful

BR,

NB

• 2. Re: Display percentage bands
            RangaWal

Thanks Naveen.  I had already created the calculated field as per your instructions, where [Actions Overdue] is a calculated field called ActionsOverduePercent ([Actions Overdue]/[Total number of ]). I should mention that [Actions Overdue] and [Total number of Actions] are calculated using the fixed function, so maybe this is causing the problem.

• 3. Re: Display percentage bands
              Naveen B

Fixed based on the dimension using in granularity related to that it will get stored in measure or Dimension that's known functionality