9 Replies Latest reply on Jul 23, 2018 10:19 AM by Hari Ankem

Contract Periods of Performance - How to Viz???

Scott Carman

Afternoon all,

I am using Tableau 10.5 and I am trying to build a chart to visualize contract information.

Some background:

Each contract has a contract award number.  Each contract has an ultimate start and end date.  A period of performance (PoP) is 365 days until the end date is shorter.   Example a contract length is 5 years, therefore each PoP is 1 year for a total of 5 PoPs.  The second contract is only 6 months, therefore the only PoP is 6 months.

What I am trying to build is some sort of stacked bar chart or bullet graph to show the PoP associated with a contract award number.  PoP 1 = Yellow, PoP 2 = Green, PoP 3 = Blue.

Here's an example of what I am trying: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-J6kDDl5ype8/UiA5gzQq-jI/AAAAAAAAAcE/3yfDKMp-xCg/s1600/a8.png

I want to add a reference line to show today's date and how many days left till the end of the contract in the tool tips.

One of the issues that I am having is that the dataset I am using does not delineate the various PoP's, therefore I had to create them via a calculated fields.

I have attached a workbook to help.  Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated.

Scott