6 Replies Latest reply on Jul 16, 2018 12:10 PM by mathew k

filter

mathew k

I want to make a filter which can show specific range of percentage . for example I want to show -10 and up and +15% percent and up. I have negative and positive values in my percentage column. I have used table calculation for percent difference. Any work around or any suggestion will be helpful. Thanks

• 1. Re: filter
          Ryan Ledoux

Hi Mathew,

Try creating a calculation on your percentage, and filtering on that. For example, if your percentage was [conversion comp]:

[conversion comp] >= -0.10

AND [conversion comp] <= 0.15

Drag the calculated field onto the filters shelf.

• 2. Re: filter
            mathew k

Thanks. The percentage column is a table calculation from a measure field I was comparing two years data and wanted to filter if the sales are increased or decreased by 15%

• 3. Re: filter
              Ryan Ledoux

Ok, so you have a calculation that computes the comp percentage vs LY? I think you should just be able to put that onto the filters shelf and specify the range of acceptable values . Let me know if you need more info.

• 4. Re: filter
                mathew k

Thanks for the help.... It worked... All the values which are -100% are null means they have no increase or decrease but is it shows -100% any help on this?

• 5. Re: filter
                  Ryan Ledoux

Does your comp calculation look like the following?

([TY value] - [LY value])/[LY value]

In this case if there is no change it would say 0%. You may want to check on the calculation.

If there's some special case, I would use logic like Ifnull() as a workaround.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                  • 6. Re: filter
                    mathew k

Thanks ... It is working.. next step is when I click on a value it which is 10% more than the previous year it should prompt a chart which can show both year data.. right now I am able to see for my current year percent increase but when I click on it it should take me to the dashboard where sales from both the years are present so that I can view what were the numbers for previous year