2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 1, 2018 11:16 AM by Jon Vance

Compare a filtered list against a fixed (or master) list and return NON-Matches

Jon Vance

Hi Tableau colleagues,

I am sure this is easy, but I can’t figure it out.  I need to compare Vendor filtered sites against a master list of 915 sites.

My data has internet sites and vendors.  There are a total of 915 sites.

The data shows the 915 individual sites by Site ID (Sheet Internet Site Count).

The data shows the 17 Vendors (there is no Vendor 5) (Sheet Vendor List).

The vendors bid on a different quantity of sites.  For example, Vendor 1, 7, 12,13, and 18 bid on all 915 sites.  But others bid on fewer sites, as low as only 31 sites for Vendor 6 (Sheet Total Sites Bid On).

Finally, I have data on what sites the Vendor bid on (Sheet Site List by Vendor).

What I am trying to return is the Site ID the vendor DID NOT bid on, by returning the population of 915 sites NOT INCLUDING the sites they did bid on.

For example, on Sheet Site List by Vendor, when you filter on Vendor 6, there are only 31 sites he bid on.
      How do I return the list of 884 sites he DID NOT bid on?  Another example, Vendor 9 bid on 914 of the 915 sites.  Which ONE did he not bid on?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.  Attached is .twbx.

Sincerely,

Jon

Version 10.5.1 (10500.18.0210.2209) 64-bit