2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 10, 2018 7:43 AM by François Jacquemart

Create empty dates ?

François Jacquemart

Hello everyone, hope you're having a good day.

I should be able to explain you the simple situation without a workbook, but I think the solution is more complex as I couldn't find one

Our business is an App with Subscriptions.  In the datasource our users have (Among other things) an ID, a first subscription date and the date they stopped the subscription or will stop.

Screen Shot 2018-07-10 at 14.08.08.png

In the first time I'd like to just create a histogram with the number of active subscribers per month.

- Is it possible to create a column with dates that are not from my source? In other words : I want Jan 18 Feb 18 March 18 April 18 etc to be columns.

I could put "First Subscription date" in column by Month but then I wouldn't have the count of active subscribers that month that I'm looking for.

- The second point would be to create a calculated field that gives to my users 'active' or 'inactive' status each month I guess, probably a bolean.

Or is there just a solution that I didn't think about ?

Thanks in advance for the help!

• 1. Re: Create empty dates ?
          Sohan Jawar

Create parameters Jan 18, Feb 18 etc. which will become columns with the same value.

For active/inactive users, you can try calculation like

Active/Inactive = If Current Period End>=Today() Then "Active" ELSE "Inactive" END

Then Active Users = IF Active/Inactive = "Active" THEN 1 ELSE 0 END

Inactive Users = IF Active/Inactive = "Inactive" THEN 1 ELSE 0 END

Regards

Sohan.

• 2. Re: Create empty dates ?
            François Jacquemart

Thanks for the reply Sohan ! Will definitely try the 'parameters dates' !

The problem is that for example a user Who was active from Jan 18 to May 18 (Current period end May 18) will be counted as Inactive and the main problem here is that I want to count him as active in months 1 2 3 4 5 2018 and inactive in months 6 7 2018.