4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 10, 2018 5:07 AM by kumar bharat

Conditional formatting

Jerome Breil

Dear community,

My question is part of the thousands questions about conditional formatting : I've spend a lot of time reading your answers and looking for a solution for my problem but I didn't find a good one so let's try my luck...

My problem is quite simple : I've a sheet with a table containing 12 columns and 10 rows. I would like to color the values of a SINGLE ROW (so let the other rows in white and grey -WITH ROW BANDING-) according to a given parameter.

My solutions for the moment :

- conditional formatting with a calculated field (IF Value < Parameter then "yellow" etc.) BUT it colors all the chart so I'm not interested in...

- Measure values legend in color : it works BUT, I don't manage to format the legend (then the color) according to a parameter (you can fix your palette of color, start, end and center but manually : I don't figure out how to make these data linked to a parameter - to avoid changing all the numbers when your target changes for instance-). Also, I don't know how I can conserve the row banding because it runs over it.

See attached a picture which is an overview of my work with the solution 2 (I ve artificially put the first row in white, the second in grey, the third with a palette but I can not link the color palette with a parameter -like a target-). More in detail -but its not the most important-, this solution is not sustainable if the number of rows is odd and you add a first measure in the rows to have a detailed view -like having this 3 lines by plant for instances- : the blending will not follow

I can not share here my workbook as I m working on confidential data : sorry by advance and hope someone will put me on track toward a solution.

Last but not least, I know that there is a solution to do that "plotting the number" : I would like to keep the text table...

Thanks for your help by advance,

Jerome

legend.PNG