1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 17, 2018 10:26 PM by patrick.byrne.0

Stats for Load Time not showing for times when user clicks Refresh button

Tony Chan

We have some dashboards that run very slow when user clicks Refresh button to get new live data.

When I look at the Stats for Load Times (Stats for Load Times), it doesn't show the slower load times when the user clicks refresh button.  Why are refresh load times not shown?  Is it possible to see refresh load times in the Stats for Load Times dashboard? 

We are creating performance recordings to troubleshoot. ( Create a Performance Recording )

Thanks, Tony

• 1. Re: Stats for Load Time not showing for times when user clicks Refresh button
          patrick.byrne.0

Hello Tony,

When the Refresh button is hit the Viz should be re-querying the data source, skipping the cached view, which will cause a slower load time. I am not sure why this would not be reflected in your stats for views. I would be curious to see the results of your performance recording test on a view that is experiencing this load time.

Another thing to consider when testing is to test the performance of the view when the refresh button is clicked on the View when viewing on the same hardware that is running Tableau Server vs the end users that are experiencing the issue. This could be something that is user specific such as a poor network connection.

Cheers,

Byrne, Patrick

1 of 1 people found this helpful