I have already seen that link. Two things about it
1. I am not getting any access errors to a temp folder as you can see in the image attached.
2. This only happens when I download using tabcmd and doesn't happen when downloaded through the server directly.
Considering both downloads are going into the same folder, I doubt this is a access issue
- Not sure why you are using so many versions of tableau in first place..version 10.0 ,10.5,10.5.3 ....
- secondly from the error message you quoted "I get the error "The load was not able to complete successfully" when trying to open the workbook." is related to permissions.Please check the below link
1 of 1 people found this helpful
I finally figured what was happening. In the script, when I gave the path, I picked up the path of the particular dashboard that I wanted. I changed the "view" part to "workbook" and started giving the name of the workbook, basically I changed
"tabcmd get "/views/A1a_IncomeStatement_Input_Template_QoQ/A1a_IncomeStatement_QoQ.twb" -f "C:\Users\abcsdf\Desktop\CCAR 907\A1a\A1a_IncomeStatement_QoQ.twb"
"tabcmd get "/workbooks/A1a_IncomeStatement_Input_Template_QoQ.twb" -f "C:\Users\abcsdf\Desktop\CCAR 907\A1a\A1a_IncomeStatement_Input_Template_QoQ.twb"
It was silly now that I think of it, because of course you can't download a dashboard, you will be downloading the whole workbook. The whole confusion I guess happened because in some cases the workbook had one dashboard and the name of the dashboard and the workbook was the same.
Just an FYI, if someone else runs into the same problem. I have come to realize that the error thrown by Tableau is not always accurate especially in this case, so one should look into the secondary error and that might give you more information.
P.S. Do remember to ensure the name when downloading the workbook in the destination path is the same as workbook name.