I am trying to connect to localhost as described in Leverage the power of Python in Tableau with TabPy | Tableau Software link.
The link is very helpful but after following all the steps in it I am still not able to connect to the localhost from the Tableau.
Screenshots for your reference:
1. Localhost created and same trying to connect from Tableau
2. Connection throws an error as below:
3. Same works fine on my browser:
1. I tried bot 127.0.0.1 and localhost on while connecting.
2. I am trying it at my work behind a proxy enabled network. I think tableau software is not able to connect to localhost but I don't know how to configure Tableau Desktop to comply with my proxy authentication. I tried maintaining HTTP_PROXY, HTTPS_PROXY and NO_PROXY as system variables but that didn't work.
Thanks in advance.
I resolved it by changing the port number. I think 9004 port was already in use. Instead while running the .bat file I gave port number as well to start localhost on that port and it worked!
got to site-packages -> tabpy-server -> and fire "startup.bat <4-digit-port-num>" from command prompt in windows