2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 10, 2018 7:01 AM by Toby Erkson

Tableau Server/Tabcmd - Force a Reset on All User Passwords?

Ross Ryan

Hi all,

We have just finished changing credentials to a client server and have moved it into an SSL environment.

To cover off all bases, we wish to force a reset to our users which have all data access (and there's quite a few of them) My hope was that I would be able to force a password reset per user group? Is this possible?

Thanks

• 1. Re: Tableau Server/Tabcmd - Force a Reset on All User Passwords?
          Tony Chan

Hi Ross, you can get a list of users in the group by running a query on postgres database(_users + group_users + groups).  Then create a script that runs tabadmin passwd to reset password for the users.  Not sure that's what you want, but hope it helps, Tony

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Tableau Server/Tabcmd - Force a Reset on All User Passwords?
            Toby Erkson

Ross Ryan wrote:

To cover off all bases, we wish to force a reset to our users which have all data access (and there's quite a few of them) My hope was that I would be able to force a password reset per user group? Is this possible?

It sounds like you are looking at users with specific permissions within a Group, correct?  If so then you also need to also read the permissions for the Group -- not so easy.  Permissions themselves are not a simple subject let alone getting that data from the TS db

Chan's suggestion is good, assuming you are willing to reset the password for all of the Users within the Group, and what I'd recommend, too.

1 of 1 people found this helpful