1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 5, 2018 6:06 AM by nikher verma

Data Insights or Data Discovery or Exploratory  Data analysis

aditya janapala

Hello All,

I wanted to check from Pros , does any one have a procedure or a template on how do you start gaining actionable insights about data?

It may be the charts they use like scatter plot, histogram , and box plots? or choosing measures and dimensions. I know data discovery is a art, but any inputs how Pros approach if they are been asked to get insights about Revenue data .

• 1. Re: Data Insights or Data Discovery or Exploratory  Data analysis
          nikher verma

Hi Aditya Janapala,

Analytics (mathematical ways of synthesizing metrics) must illuminate business conditions, sentiment and directional changes over time. Insights are what humans make from analytics - once you have data and perform the analysis, you have the knowledge to form insights and change your actions or responses.

(Copied from Quora )

So first analyse your data by understanding it , playing with it .You will automatically understand whats wrong with the trend or the thing that you are trying to figure out .

Then you will explain others about it - so this part i.e. explaining your side that you get from data is insight .

If someone is really good with numbers or number crunching ,he/she doesn't need charts to figure out the  trend and many needs charts .

In short there is no such hard n fast rule or procedure or template for this .

-Nikher Verma