3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 2, 2018 12:25 PM by Matt Hofmann

Formatting the Labels along with the shapes

Amit M

Hi Friends,

Is there a way to format the text at the bottom of KPI shapes. I am not getting a way to do it in a better way. Please find below screen shot and attached workbook. Thanks in advance.KPI with Label.JPG

• 1. Re: Formatting the Labels along with the shapes
          Matt Hofmann

If you're looking to format the "Rating (H1 18 data)" text in the vis, right click on the text in the vis, click Format, then in the Format pane that appears on the left click the Fields dropdown and select Rating (H1 18 data), then select the Pane tab, and then adjust the font from there.

• 2. Re: Formatting the Labels along with the shapes
            Amit M

Hi Matt,

Thanks for responding to my post. I tried this option but i was not able to get the correct position of text at the bottom of the shapes.

Is there any other ways to do it.

Thank you

On Tue, 3 Jul 2018 at 12:21 AM, Matt Hofmann<tableaucommunity@tableau.com> wrote:   

#yiv8805102526 * #yiv8805102526 a #yiv8805102526 body {font-family:Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;}#yiv8805102526 #yiv8805102526 h1, #yiv8805102526 h2, #yiv8805102526 h3, #yiv8805102526 h4, #yiv8805102526 h5, #yiv8805102526 h6, #yiv8805102526 p, #yiv8805102526 hr {}#yiv8805102526 .yiv8805102526button td {}

|

Tableau Community Forums 

|

Formatting the Labels along with the shapes

reply from Matt Hofmann in Forums - View the full discussion

If you're looking to format the "Rating (H1 18 data)" text in the vis, right click on the text in the vis, click Format, then in the Format pane that appears on the left click the Fields dropdown and select Rating (H1 18 data), then select the Pane tab, and then adjust the font from there.

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on Tableau Community Forums

Start a new discussion in Forums by email or at Tableau Community Forums

Following Formatting the Labels along with the shapes in these streams: Inbox

This email was sent by Tableau Community Forums because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Tableau Community Forums, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

• 3. Re: Formatting the Labels along with the shapes
              Matt Hofmann

Oh now I understand.

Click the Label button on the Marks card. On the Alignment dropdown, choose Centered on the horizontal alignment and Bottom on the vertical alignment. After this you'll need to make the rows taller so that the label doesn't overlap your shapes - I was able to do this by changing the view from Entire View to Fit Width.

See attached.