1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 28, 2018 9:35 AM by Jim Dehner

Latitude and Longitude generated in tableau for Canada

Anamika Jain

I have latitude and longitude against each branch number in an excel file. In tableau I have grouped the branches by Province in tableau. When I want a map view, tableau uses the lat and long from my excel file and plots the branches as dots on the province in the map view. I am unable to get tableau to plot the province only instead of dots of branches. If i can get tableau to generate lat and long then I might be able to get province plotted on the map view. How do i get tableau to plot the province as opposed to only plotting the branches...? I want to have a view of only province plotted with the measures on it,.

• 1. Re: Latitude and Longitude generated in tableau for Canada
          Jim Dehner

Hi

I am confused about your data - does each record have the province identified? and when you brought the data into tableau was Province brought in with a GEO identifier?

if so then just drag province to the canvas and let tableau generate the longs and lats

Jim

If this posts assists in resolving the question, please mark it helpful or as the 'correct answer' if it resolves the question. This will help other users find the same answer/resolution.  Thank you.