3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 12, 2018 12:11 PM by Paul Conaway

Database help needed.

Paul Conaway

Here is my setup. I'm connecting to an Oracle DB. There are two database schema that I need to connect to. via two different user IDs.

APPSDB - user1

APPSDB - user2

In my tableau document I have two database connections. Each database connection uses a custom SQL query.  In the data source tab I have joined the two connections via the field that contains the same information in each database (IDNum). I've built my worksheet view with information from both connections. The worksheet displays the information correctly so I believe the join is correct. So far so good. I'm now trying to add filters. I drag a field from connection 2, I get the dialog box that allows me to choose which items to display. I click okay and this error message shows up.

• Internal Error - An unexpected error occurred and the operation could not be completed.

I've tried the same thing with a field from connection 1. I'm not sure how to proceed. I'm new to Tableau and having troubles finding the answers to issues I'm encountering. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.