7 Replies Latest reply on Jun 22, 2018 1:35 AM by Mavis Liu

Data in Tooltip

Ajeet .

Hi,

Is there any way that I click on row of Column "Stage 1 Status" and i get a tool-tip view saying " Hep vaccine: No"  and "Immunity Status: unknown" in addition to the current showing "complete". Also, how can i hide the word "Abc"....

Thank you so much,

Ajeet

• 1. Re: Data in Tooltip
          sudheer.kumar.5

Hello Ajeet,

The functionality you are looking for can be done using the Viz in tooltip functionality. It again depends on the version you are using. It was introduced V10.5.

In order to do that you have to create a sheet with Hep vaccine & Immunity Status. After that go to the sheet where you want to insert the tooltip, check the below for more info:

If you are not clear attach the 10.5 version.

S

• 2. Re: Data in Tooltip
            Mavis Liu

Hi Ajeet,

To fill in the ABC, you can maybe drag your Stage 1 Status from rows to text on the marks card.

2018-06-22_08h42_50.png

You can bring help vaccine into tooltip and open up the tooltip to type in text and add fields:

2018-06-22_08h38_49.png

2018-06-22_08h34_23.png

So now if you hover over the complete text you get the tooltip:

2018-06-22_08h34_13.png

Thanks and please see attached workbook.

Mavis

• 3. Re: Data in Tooltip
              Ajeet .

Hi Sudheer,

Thanks for getting back. I am using version 2018.1.0.. I am aware about viz tooltip but it wont work on clicking on the word "complete". Right ? It will work on hovering over to the "Abc" I think, and that too without using VizInToolTip .. But i need to click on the word OPEN or CLOSE and then i would like my view popped up.

attached is the working sheet.

Thanks again,

• 4. Re: Data in Tooltip
                Ajeet .

Hi Mavis,

Thanks for getting back. How can i get the Column Label "Stage 1 Status". For now it's hidden.

Thanks,

• 5. Re: Data in Tooltip
                  Mavis Liu

Hi Ajeet,

It is not hidden at this point, it's just not on the rows shelf. If you'd like it back, please drag another instance from the data pane into the rows shelf:

2018-06-22_08h54_39.png

Please be aware that you can only have the tooltip you want when it's the text is on abc. If it's a dimension on the rows shelf, when you click on it it will only show the attribute of that dimension. It is not a tooltip.

Thanks,

Mavis

• 6. Re: Data in Tooltip
                    Ajeet .

Hi Mavis,

Adding stage 1 to row shelf will be a duplication , I mean two columns showing same info except the one is showing the tooltip. I wanted that I could get a tooltip kind of thing on clicking or hovering over to "completed" word which is under stage 1 status column, Is that possible  somehow ?

• 7. Re: Data in Tooltip
                      Mavis Liu

Hi Ajeet,

Please refer to my previous answer, the tooltip is only available when you have something in the content of the marks card.

So having the dimension on the rows shelf will not give you tooltips. In your current situation where you click on it and see 'complete', this is not a tooltip. This is just clicking to find the value of that dimension and that dimension alone.

Thanks,

Mavis