2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 22, 2018 5:48 AM by Alex Braun

Need help writing a calculation

Anjali Sn

I need help in writing a calculation, I have the following values: resolution time for each ticket (say r), number of days (d) i.e., 30 days, 60 days etc., I want to calculate:

(total resolution time of all tickets received in day1/total tickets received in day1 + total resolution time of all tickets received in day2/total tickets received in day2 + ...) / number of days

I'm trying the following:

SUM(CASE [Status]

WHEN "Resolved" THEN

('day',[Created Time],[Resolved Time])

END)

/

COUNT(CASE [Status]

WHEN "Resolved" THEN [ID]

END)

But the above will give me : sum of total resolution time of all the tickets in selected number of days/ total tickets received in the selected number of days. Not what I want.

Please help!

• 1. Re: Need help writing a calculation
          Shinichiro Murakami

Hi Anjali

Could you please attach your sample data as twbx format.

Thanks,

Shin

• 2. Re: Need help writing a calculation
            Alex Braun

You can use an LOD calc for this.

sum({fixed [day]: sum([Resolution time])}/{fixed [day]: count([Tickets])})

{fixed [day]: sum([Resolution time])} -----This will give you the sum of resolution time by day

{fixed [day]: count([Tickets])} ---------This will give you the count of tickets by day

divide the first by the second to get avg resolution based on ticket entry date

then sum everything together

You may want to put resolved on a filter, or  you can create other calculated fields to populate resolution time and tickets as you need.