3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 24, 2018 7:40 PM by swaroop.gantela

Need help with sizing custom shapes and labeling shapes

Amelia Kohm

I have created the dashboard below using a custom shape (green rectangles) but am having two problems:

1) Although I created the custom shape using the size (in pixels) the shape was in my Powerpoint prototype, after adding it to my Tableau repository and then adding it to my worksheet, it was much smaller, and I had to use the sizing function on the marks card to make it the largest possible size. I would greatly appreciate advice on how to size a custom shape so that I don't have to make it much bigger in Tableau to be the right size.

2) When I add labels to my custom shapes in the worksheet and adjust the alignment, it looks great. But when I save it to Tableau Pubic, the alignment is off. See images below. How can I fix this?

Here is the link to dashboard and worksheets on Tableau Public. Thanks, in advance, for your help!

-Amelia

This is the dashboard before I save it to Tableau Public server (labels are correctly centered):

Screen Shot 2018-06-21 at 2.25.52 PM.png

And this is the dashboard on the Tableau Server (labels are no longer centered):

Screen Shot 2018-06-21 at 2.26.34 PM.png