1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 22, 2018 12:16 AM by Santiago Sanchez

Trouble Connecting to Specific Shared Drive.  Things to check?

Ben Perlman

There is a shared drive that I for some reason cannot get into after publishing to the server.

I did a side-by-side comparison with 2 test workbooks and 2 shared drives.  I mirrored the process exactly, made sure I was using the UNC File Path in both, apples to apples comparison.   One updates fine, the other gets the following error:

I have the same privileges for both.  Is there something specific to check in the shared drive to make sure the shared drives both are the exact same?  I have read all blogs relating to the subject.

• 1. Re: Trouble Connecting to Specific Shared Drive.  Things to check?
          Santiago Sanchez

Hi Ben,

Once you publish to Tableau Server, it's not your personal account who's accessing the shared drive, it's the account that Tableau Server is running under (Run As User):

The majority of times I see a problem like this it/ss related to permissions missing in that shared drive for the run as account. If you compare the permissions granted in those folders, do you see accounts on the shared drive that works that are missing on the one that doesn't? Alternatively you could check with your Tableau Server administrator what is the Run As User and then add permissions for that account on the shared drive.

Hope this helps!

Santiago