1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 20, 2018 4:21 AM by Sebastian Sofariu

How to Connect to SAP SCEM

Andrei Budaes - Tanaru

Hi friends,

I was wondering if any of you might know how to connect to SAP SCEM? I have a colleague which has a customer that manages their events through SCEM and to get the data she has to login to SCEM, set a few parameters and the date period then it exports an Excel File which she connects to at the moment.

I am not sure where to start to be honest. If you need further info, please let me know.

• 1. Re: How to Connect to SAP SCEM
          Sebastian Sofariu

Hi Andrei,

There is no an official connector to SAP Supply Chain Event Management (SCEM)

You can post in our Ideas section in order to get it implemented. The more votes you got the better chances you have to see it implemented.

Ideas

The best practice solution, when working with unsupported data sources, is to mirror the unsupported data source onto a supported data source (such as SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle, etc.) and then connect to the database using the native data connection.

It may work if in this case connect or mirror SAP SCEM data to a Supported SAP datasource and then connect Tableau Desktop to SAP supported datasource (HANA,BW, SybaseASE, Sybase IQ)

Please see the following resources for additional information about the capabilities and limitations of connecting to unsupported data sources via generic ODBC:

I hope this information helps