2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 20, 2018 4:32 AM by Jim Dehner

Issue with Multiple Action Filters

Gregg Hirshberg

Unfortunately, I'm not allowed to share my dashboard.

But here's the issue that I'm having. If I use more than one action filter, the second one will reset some of the views in my dashboard. I've attached a screen shot. And in this example, I first clicked on the Vendor, which filters the other views to show the total of 9. But then when I click on the Month of May, the other views filter to show the total # of WOs for the Vendor, and ignore the Action Filter that I would expect would only show May 18.

I went through each worksheet and removed all the Action Filters. Didn't help. The file I'm using has 7 dashboards, so I tried copying one to a new workbook, and I still have the same issue. Any suggestions?  Thanks in advance!

• 1. Re: Issue with Multiple Action Filters
          Steve Martin

Which is good.

As I would not like to have company confidential data on my pc.

Hi Gregg, I get your issue, this can happen with conflicting filters, but it is quite difficult to grasp from the image.

Please can you mock this using Superstore Sales, so I can work on a solution on the filters that may be dropping.

Steve

• 2. Re: Issue with Multiple Action Filters
            Jim Dehner

Hi Gregg

Understand the confidentiality issue - deal with it with all my clients - that said it is a little difficult to trouble shoot the problem

Faced with the same problem I would replace all action filters by directly passing the filtered value to selected sheets so I knew what was being passed

(do not select - all sheet- or all using this data source)

at that point If I still didn't get what expected - I would have a path to follow to determine the interaction that created the problem

good luck

Jim

If this posts assists in resolving the question, please mark it helpful or as the 'correct answer' if it resolves the question. This will help other users find the same answer/resolution.  Thank you.