2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 20, 2018 9:34 AM by Mukesh Kumar

Plot the difference in the measure based on two separate values of a dimension.

Mukesh Kumar

Hi All,

I want to plot the difference in budget amount [Measure] between various customer segments[dimension] over the time line.

Please see the attached excel for sample data and also the viz for better understanding.

Thanks in advance.

Mukesh

• 1. Re: Plot the difference in the measure based on two separate values of a dimension.
          kumar bharat

Hi mukesh kumar,

Please  check the below,it will help you out.

Tableau Public

You can download the workbook from the link.

Br,

Bharat

• 2. Re: Plot the difference in the measure based on two separate values of a dimension.
            Mukesh Kumar

Dear Bharat,

Thanks for the response.

But What I need is to be able to calculate and plot the difference in the budgeted values in segments over timeline( Quarterly)

For example, I want to calculate & Plot:

Quarterly Difference

QuarterDiff1(Corporate-Consumer)               =  Budgeted value of  Corporate segment (Q1,2010)     -    Budgeted value of  Consumer segment (Q1,2010)

=  152986 - 93022

= 59964

QuarterDiff2(Small Business- Home Office) =   Budgeted value of  Small Business (Q1,2010)     -    Budgeted value of  Home Office (Q1,2010)

= 70818  - 99054

= -28236

I want to plot "QuarterDiff1" ,"QuarterDiff2" on Rows, and Date on Column. in worksheet.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Mukesh Kumar