2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 17, 2018 11:57 PM by johan.bonnet

Basic Extract data from datasource URL

johan.bonnet

I am sorry to ask this as it seems so simple. But I only have access to tableau now, and I cannot figure out where to find the doc to request data from a datasource using url.

By looking at 2 years old GitHub c# project I could manage to recover the IDs of all the data source and create a signup instance, though I could not recover any of the interesting data.

Basically, I just want to download the distinct data from a column; to let the user request the table according to one filter and between 2 dates (any format). I used to download "all columns" in csv from a simple sheet.

Thank you,

• 1. Re: Basic Extract data from datasource URL
          Jeevan Krishna

Hi johan,

Please feel free to ask any questions on the forums. A question that sounds basic for you might be a life saver for someone else.

Coming to the issue, I guess you are looking at URL parameters here. I couldnt understand much other than that. Please refer this and see if this is what you are looking for - Parameters for Embed Code . And you might be looking at name parameter in that page.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Basic Extract data from datasource URL
            johan.bonnet

Thank you Jeevan,

I am trying to explore your link.

Meanwhile, what I am trying to do is replicating an pseudo SQl query that would be like :

List<string> ListName= from [datasource].Columns[columnX] unique

User would choose the FilterName from the list then:

WantedData= from [datasource].Columns[columnX]. where[columnX==FilterName].And[date >minDate].And[date <maxDate]

Thank you,