1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 16, 2018 8:29 AM by Jim Dehner

Null Values Population

Venkata G

Data source contains question and answer columns, in the database all the answers data selected to a particular questions appears correct but when the answers are displayed by using  calculated filed then nulls are appearing for every answer and then actual answer is appearing. If I want to display data based on one calculated field then I just can filter the null values but I am facing difficulty when I apply multiple filters related to different questions and answer data in single report.

I am having difficulty to remove the null values, when I remove null values from one filter and apply another filter with different set of question and answer then no data is appearing

For Example:

Question(Continent name)     Answer(country names)

America                                Null

USA

MEXICO

BRAZIL

ASIA                                     Null

Japan

China

Europe                                  Null

UK

France

Hope I have provide enough details to explain my issues.

I am stuck in middle of report creation any suggestions or help is really appreciated.

• 1. Re: Null Values Population
          Jim Dehner

Please help me understand

Your data appears complete - that is there are answers for every question and responder combination - no combinations are missing?

If combinations are missing - they can result in nulls in the viz

if it is not the data you calculated field is creating the null - it would happen with and If..then statement when a record does not satisfy the any of the conditions and there is no "else' clause a Null is generated

Jim

If this posts assists in resolving the question, please mark it helpful or as the 'correct answer' if it resolves the question. This will help other users find the same answer/resolution.  Thank you.