2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 14, 2018 1:28 PM by Bhargav Kommineni

Publishing a data source as Hyper

Bhargav Kommineni

Hi all,

We are using 10.5.2. in our organization. I am creating a data source using tables from my schema(through Oracle Server). Everything works fine until the Data source joins and updating the data on Live. When I click on Extract and update the data and click on the sheet, it is creating the hyper file.

Question is once the hyper file is created, how can I publish it to the server and schedule the data source to update daily. Tried most of the ways specified in Tab. Community but no luck.

Any help is appreciated.

• 1. Re: Publishing a data source as Hyper
          Ken Flerlage

The process should be the same as publishing any data source to Tableau Server. What specifically is not working? Can you provide screenshots of errors or the process itself?

• 2. Re: Publishing a data source as Hyper
            Bhargav Kommineni

Hi Ken,

Thank you for responding. Looks like I did not understand the hyper or I am doing it incorrectly. Below are the steps for my process.

Once The hyper file is created, I am seeing it as DS_Name.hyper(Package Lookup.hyper) with Type as Tableau Extract.

After this how should I publish it to the server and put it on schedule?.

If I open the hyper file to publish, I am seeing he Extract in the place of my Data source and with a new name.

Before publishing, I changed the connection from Live to extract and trying to Publish, but again it is asking to save with new name.

If I try to save the following error is displaying.