Hi Data Modeler ,
I have an idea which I cannot test right away.
- In your 2nd and 3rd data sources. duplicate the date field.
- Go to Data menu on top and go to Edit Relationships (Data -> Edit Relationships)
- Create a custom relationship between the 2 new created in 2nd and 3rd source.
- Now try to recreate the sheet and link the 2nd and 3rd data source.
May this work and Hope this helps.
Hi Jeevan - Thank you so much. I was able to correctly blend using your method! I am curious - What happened at the tableau backend - Why did the blend worked correctly on the worksheet after I duplicated the date fields in secondary data sources? Any ideas and explanation?
Another quick question - How do I show grand totals on the blended data? Thank you!
- I guess there are minor differences in data granularity between the 3 different sources.
- 1 limitation I understood when you mentioned you need to blend 3 different sources and use all of them in 1 single view, the issue will be linking 1 datasource to 2 other datasources using the same date field, which cannot happen when you have the normal single date field.
- So, the solution I thought of included duplicating the fields and linking them, which will let you combine the fields on the same level of granularity.