8 Replies Latest reply on Jun 20, 2018 10:15 AM by nikher verma

Date

Zulay Martinez

Good afternoon

Please who could help me I have this date format, and I do not know if it is done with a parameter of the view of the dashboard in quarterly and semi-annual monthly?

I would like the columns to change depending on the date format that you choose that could be?

Thank you

• 1. Re: Date
          nikher verma

Hi Zulay Martinez ,

I guess you need to elaborate it more .

But if your concern is why your date is 01/01/2014 , its because date are in its default formatting . you can change it from tableau sheet .

Click on the date format and select your desired format .You also have a custom date format .

In case I misunderstood ,please elaborate it more

-Nikher Verma

• 2. Re: Date
            Zulay Martinez

Thans you but I would like to see the dashboard change the view as the image below ..... depending if I want to see it yearly, monthly, semi-annual etc

Is possible?

• 3. Re: Date
              nikher verma

Yes , you can do that but you need to change it on worksheet in order to get it reflected on your dashboard .

click on the + sign and it will drill down your report to quarterly , monthly , weekly and daily basis .

or you can directly get it done to monthly or daily basis by right clicking on year .

Select Year - for yearly ,quarter for quarterly and so on .

and these changes will get reflected on your dashboard .

If this what you were looking for, please mark it as helpful and correct in order to close the thread .

-Nikher Verma

• 4. Re: Date
                nikher verma

Or are you trying to say that you want this drill-down functionality on your dashboard from where you  can change the view of your graph .

• 5. Re: Date
                  Zulay Martinez

It does not work for me to use a parameter or filter in my Dashboard and I move it depending on the visualization that I would not know if I explain myself.

Like this...

Thanks

• 6. Re: Date
                    nikher verma

Please check the tableau public ,they have used same logic that you are looking for.

Tableau Public 

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                    • 7. Re: Date
                      Zulay Martinez

Sorry, I did not have the file in twbx, here is the attachment

Thank you for your support nikher verma 

• 8. Re: Date
                        nikher verma

I am so sorry , i am struggling with language . But the problem is with your time display calculated field .Fecha is date ??

I am attaching a twbx file with only one sheet and its really simple .And in title I have mentioned the parameter and calculated field i have created .

-Nikher Verma